Hello, my lovely Monique Lhuillier Monet. Will you show us your moves?
(source)
I love how the lace drapes! As if I weren't swooning enough:
(source)
(source)
Crap.
Crap, crap, crappity-crap.
What's a smitten girl to do? While a full-priced dress was completely out of the question on our budget, I was aware of the various websites that sell "once wed" wedding gowns (preownedweddingdresses.com and oncewed.com are my personal favorites). Unfortunately, I had a couple strikes against me: 1) Monet was from ML's Spring 2005 collection, and 2) I felt uncomfortable purchasing a dress I had never seen, much less tried on in person.
Determined, I tackled the latter problem and looked up bridal salons that carried Monique Lhuillier. What's that you say? There's one a mere 45 minutes away? I picked up the phone and dialed Roma Sposa, and found out that not only did they carry the Monet, but they had an upcoming ML trunk show. Would I like to make an appointment? Yes, please!
Did you have a bad case of sticker shock when it came to your dream dress? Did it deter you from pursuing her, or were you resolute on making it work?




No comments:
Post a Comment