This is the photo that makes me fall in love with my dress all over again. I don't get the same warm, content feeling without the veil, whose breathtaking lace and ribbon-edged detailing I couldn't pass up:
Pardon the rogue bra strap--this photo was taken pre-alterations!
Now that you've seen what I have to work with, it's time to consider the hairstyle options. I normally wear my hair up, so naturally that's what I'm more comfortable with.
Choice #1: The formal ponytail. Pulled off so well by the lovely Mila Kunis:
(source)
I'm not sold on how the tail will pair with my long veil, but if I could get my hair to behave like this every day, I'd be one happy camper.
Choice #2: The loose updo. This style is currently my favorite. I'm not a fan of wisps of hair falling around my face, but I do like the tousled look of the hair pinned up in the back.
Choice #2: The loose updo. This style is currently my favorite. I'm not a fan of wisps of hair falling around my face, but I do like the tousled look of the hair pinned up in the back.
Choice #3: The structured updo. Classy and elegant when done right, but perhaps a little too formal for our wedding?
(source)
Which of these styles do you think works best?









First: You look AMAZING in your dress.
ReplyDeleteSecond: I vote loose updo a la the second picture of the caucasian girl and her pout-y beau. I will say that I had my heart set on an updo, and then while I was actually getting my hair styled the day of, it was half up, and we decided it looked awesome that way and went with that. You just have to see it all together (which you already knew).
Agree with Mei about the lady with the pouty man as the my favorite hair. I do also like very much the structured up do though since you are not wearing a headpiece as it would give something + height. I worry that the lady in the red looks too much like regular for a wedding day do. Remember, your dress is more formal though . . . while so if you do tousled, maybe a more formal touseling?
ReplyDeleteAh - who cares - you'll look great regardless of what you choose!
Agreed with both Tanya and Mei. I'm sure you've already chosen your style and had a run through, since I'm so behind on following your blog. I know you're going to look stunning, regardless...
ReplyDelete